The following guide outlines how to successfully upload your images using the image uploader in the control panel. The majority of this guide relates to information page types, however the image upload process is practically the same for all page types. We advise you to follow this guide first of all and then refer to our articles on stock page and gallery pages for more information on utilising these types specifically.
1. Navigate to Page Builder (1) within your Control Panel and click on the Edit button (2) next to the page you wish to add the image to.
2. Click on Add New (3) to create a new paragraph, or click on Image (4) to proceed to upload the image to an existing paragraph. If you are uploading an image to an existing paragraph, please click here to skip to point 4.
3. Enter your text within the text boxes if you wish. If you just want to upload an image on its own with no text, proceed to click on the Update button (5) anyway. Once the page has been updated, you will receive a warning notification box stating that the information has successfully been updated.
You can then proceed to continue to upload your image by clicking on the Image Upload button (6).
4. If this is your first time uploading your image/s, you may be asked to install a small plugin to continue. The process may vary slightly depending on what browser you are using, however the principle is the same. If you have already installed this plugin, please click here to proceed to point 5.
The below example shows how the process would look through Internet Explorer. Click on the information bar that appears at the top of the window (7) then select Run Add-on (8) from the list. A pop-up box will appear prompting your action. Select Run (9) to complete the installation. The page will then reload after a short amount of time.
5. With the image uploader plugin installed, you now have access to four different tabs (they wont all display at once as some are dedicated to specific page types only):
(i) Current Image
If you have uploaded your image already, the image will display in this box (10). If not, the message "No Image Uploaded" will appear instead. You can also specify an image description to your image (11), which acts as an alt tag (please note that this is only applicable to information pages and not all browsers display alt tags). Click on the Update button (12) to save the changes.
Click on the Remove Image icon (13) to delete the image you have uploaded, click on the Item Details icon (14) to go back to the text edit section for the paragraph, click on the Page Content icon (15) to go back to the paragraph list for the page, or click on Page List (16) to go back to the Page Builder.
(ii) Upload New Image
Click on this tab to upload or replace an existing image. The list of folders on your computer will display in the left column, whereas the images within those folders will display in the right column when you access a folder. Ticking the image optimisation box (17) will shrink the image to a website friendly size, whereas removing the tick will upload the image in its full resolution. Click on the tick box located in the top left corner of the image (18) and then click on the Send button (19) to upload the image. You will then receive a notification when the image has successfully been uploaded.
(iii) Use Image As Link
Click on this tab to add a link to your image. This allows people to click on the image and then be taken to the page/site you have specified and is applicable to information pages only. Enter your link in the URL box (20) and click the Save button (21) to save the link. Please note that you will need to include the full URL with the http:// at the start if you are linking to another website.
(iv) New Image From Link
Click on this tab to upload an image located on another website already rather than having to save the image to your computer beforehand. Enter the full image URL including http:// at the start into the External Image Source box (22). Ticking the image optimisation box (23) will shrink the image to a website friendly size, whereas removing the tick will upload the image in its full resolution. Once you are happy with this, click on the Fetch button (24) to complete the upload. This option is only applicable to stock pages